Friday, July 30, 2010

Homemaker

So summer school is over and the fall semester will begin August 23 - a few weeks of nothing. Obviously my life won't be just nothing the next few weeks, but it is slightly empty feeling. I am getting a lot done around the house and actually staying up with dishes, laundry and cleaning. I am fulfilling my wifely duties better than ever this week!

Today I got to help my best friend Emily Wilkins paint in her new house and move some stuff in. Doing things like that really confirms the adultness of Korey and I's life and how much we have all grown up over the past year and half. I am happy for Emily and Levi as they have become homeowners!

As this week has dragged by slowly and seemingly empty, I realize how much next week will pick up. Korey's car was hit by a FedEx truck in the AT&T parking lot a week before we went on vacation and we are just getting able to take it to the body shop on Tuesday this week. That will make us a one car family - giving me something to do - drive Korey to work! :)  Some quality car time is in our future! It's payroll time - so I'll be working at Mom's. The boy's mom I was tutoring for had a baby last week and she is ready for Tyler to start tutoring back up Wednesday. So a week of nothing to a week of many somethings.

When we went on our cruise, we accidently left a bag on the shuttle back to the parking lot our car was in. It has all the bathroom stuff in it - blow dryer, medicine, razors, etc. After a lot of confusion between UPS and FedEx (and our address getting communicated as 404 Feril 73701 when it's actually 424 Ferrill 73071 - at least they had my phone # right to call me) we should finally be getting it tomorrow!!!

I've recently been eyeing some sandals that I've wanted to purchase - they have a great cause similar to TOMS. They are called Ssekos. They are made by women in Uganda and the money goes towards furthering their education. I truly love organizations like this and feel that is a healthy way to fulfill my shoe desires.

Waldo has been driving Korey and I NUTS! He thinks biting is playing and he will get in these run modes were he just runs as fast as he can back and forth from the front door to the end of the kitchen and back. In this, he does drive by's. He will try to bite anything as he passes it, including: feet, hands, purses, SHOES.. anything. It's got to stop. A moment ago he ran across my computer in a scenic couch route. He's now punished to his cage early for the night with NO blanket!

May I bring glory to God through my dog. He truly brings anger out of Korey and me that I did not know we possessed. May we learn how to better handle that anger and realize - it's just a dog. Eek. Aren't dogs practice for children? haha..

Anyways, that's all for now and may the chief ends of helping friends move and disciplining our dog be to glorify Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment