Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What a Week!

This past week has been a whirlwind for sure!

Tuesday morning I had the consult with the surgeon and scheduled the surgery for Thursday afternoon. Wednesday was full of getting life/school together before going under. Thursday came and after 4:45, I don't remember much! :) Now I'm on the road to recovery, able to sit and stand on my own and going to attempt class tonight. I am still very sore and slow. My body will take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to adjust to being gallbladderless and then my insides should start functioning normally. And oh golly gee am I glad to be sleeping in my bed again! Three nights on a couch in the same position gets old fast!

In the past week we signed some papers to move along in the name change process. Sooner or later we'll change to The Henrys! That kind of looks funny... I'll get used to it.

Monday, Korey started seminary! He and Jeff left at 4:30am Monday morning headed to Ft. Worth. They had a class at 8am and at noon (Old Testament and Elementary Greek). Korey loved it. He is really looking forward to this semester and I am so happy for him and proud of him!

Today, I start my last semester of undergrad! Yipee! I am really excited to be back in the swing of school. I really enjoy classes and routine and love the girls in my education sequence. It'll be a great last semester and I didn't really want to share it with my nasty inflamed gall bladder anyway!

I feel so blessed in this time of sickness and recovery. I really appreciate the thoughts, prayers, and company of everyone. Thank you!

May the Chief end of your new school year and in times of whirlwinds be to glorify the one and only (not OU) Christ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment