Saturday, September 5, 2009

the beginning

So here goes the blog :)

Korey and I have been married for 2 months. We chose the road less traveled in choosing to get married in Colorado, but we are so glad that we decided to follow our hearts and get married how WE wanted to. I had a blog made for a while and ended up using it for a class project. I got told by some fellow newlyweds that I better hop on the bandwagon and make a newlywed blog for Korey and I. So here it is. Enjoy being caught up on our lives, if I can keep up with it.

Korey is working at AT&T and has been there for a year now. He's taking a couple classes this semester to work his way towards graduating at the same time as me.
I should be graduating in December 2010 and will then do my student teaching in Spring of 2011. In the meantime, I am babysitting for a family with two very intelligent and bright children. Margaret is 2 and half and Michael is 5 and just started kindergarten this year. It's quit an experience everyday with them, and I love watching them grow and develop.

We've been getting adjusted to our new schedules now that school has started up and we are busy... constantly. Korey and I took a turn for the worse this week with our health. We both caught a nasty cold/sinus infection that we've been fighting for about 5 days now. Horrible coughs bother people when you sleep in the same bed. Being sick + married = NO FUN. We are on the downhill slope though and things are looking up.

Goals:
-Glorify Christ and make His name known in Norman and throughout the world. Korey and I truly believe that the best way to show Christ to others is through personal relationships with those needing Him. We strive to get to know classmates and coworkers and other people we encounter on a deeper level.
-Korey really wants to do p90x and so we are in the process of trying to get a hold of a copy of it and going through 90 days of power extreme training.
-Crystal has been running lately and is going to run 5k in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on October 10 in Bricktown.

and that's the way the cookie crumbles


No comments:

Post a Comment