Thursday, September 10, 2009

the runner

I have been "training" to run in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on October 10. My goal this week was to run 4 days of 2 miles each. Thinking I know the area and my "distance judgment" being pretty decent, I just took off from the house and ran what felt like 2 miles. Nope... It sure wasn't 2. It was just about 1 mile. So, the next day... Wednesday, I decide to go a little loop here and run further there... this only made it to 1.75 miles. Okay. So my "distance judgment" isn't so spectacular. I had a friend suggest mapmyrun.com. Which is an amazing website to figure out where and how far I'm running BEFORE I run. The route I was suppose to take this morning to make it 2 miles... was kind of a complex one with a bunch of turns on morningside, mockingbird, melisa, denis, barkley, shulze.. Well they all connect so when I started making the turns... I was making them too early or too late. I got a little off course (not LOST just not how I was SUPPOSE to go). Ended up only running 1.8 miles today. My knee is pretty sore when I run, but it's not too bad when I'm not running. I'm not a runner. Never have been. This is new. I want to do this.
After the 5K on October 10, Korey and I will start p90x = hello workout nightmare! Hopefully it won't be as much impact on my knee!

that's the way our cookie crumbles

No comments:

Post a Comment