Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Sickness??

Last week was my first visit to Educare in Oklahoma City.  
"Oklahoma City Educare opened its doors in July 2009, to serve 200 disadvantaged children, ages birth to five years old, with year-round early childhood education programs. Educare Centers, throughout the nation, help young children grow up safe, healthy and eager to learn, providing the highest quality outcome-based learning environments for families and their children who are at-risk for school failure." 
The facility is just a breath of fresh air and a very encouraging, happy environment. The classroom that I was placed in is full of adorable loving faces that I'm excited to grow relationships with and observe their development over the rest of the summer. 
 After the wonderful visit to the childcare center, I got some sort of yucky sick. I was in line at the all wonderful Cafe Plaid with the Miss Amanda and just got so sweaty dizzy that I could not stand. This feeling continued uncomfortably in math class and the teacher let me leave early. I was sick the rest of that day (Wednesday) and Thursday, then woke up Friday feeling 200% better. Really don't know what it was - but it's gone.


Father's day was wonderful. We had a fishing cook out at Mom and Dad's in Yukon! Here's me and my Poppa on Father's Day! :) 

The Master's Degree is still up in the air. The experience that I had at Educare on Wednesday and the joy I get when babysitting has really pulled on my heart and directed me towards infants and toddlers over early elementary. I've always enjoyed babies and toddlers more than the "big kids" and so I'm thinking a Master's in Literacy is only going to help me get jobs with those "big kids". So I'm trying to figure out what Master's would help me with the babies. Any ideas please let me know!

June Summer school is almost OVER! Then I'll be down to two classes instead of 3! Looking forward to that! 

That's about all for now... nothing huge happening! 

Even when nothing big is going on, chief end of nothing huge, will be to glorify Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment