Sunday, June 13, 2010

what a year does...

Korey and I have almost been married for a year. It truly has been the fastest flying enjoyable year I've lived thus far. I'd say our engagement was the longest year ever! Even though our anniversary isn't for another 2 weeks, I am going to tell you about some of the changes that have occurred over the past year in no particular order:
  •  Korey and I moved in together and also moved in with a roommate. Our roommate has changed in the past couple weeks -- I enjoy having my friend Haley (jeff's girlfriend) conveniently at my house more often! 
  • Korey got a new car back in August 2009 thanks to his parents' gracious help! He feels spoiled at times in his 2009 Honda Civic. He upgraded from a 1997 Chevy Monte Carlo that had no air conditioning and a few other glitches, dents, squeaks and mishaps that would have soon killed the Carlo if we hadn't gotten rid of it when we did. 
  • Korey still works at AT&T but is now full time and we are reaping those benefits! 
  • UFC has finalized charter membership and we are now not only fans of UFC, but members of University Fellowship Church of Norman, OK. 
  • I have decided to go to Grad School ASAP and get my Master's (most likely in literacy education). 
  • I-35 between Moore and Norman is finally finished!!!!
  • I discovered that having "sides" of the room and bed are crucial to my happiness in our bedroom. The greater part of our first year consisted of me having the walk through the room to get to my side of the bed. Our bed is now wonderfully located right in front of you when you walk in the room and to the left is all Korey's and to the right is all mine. You can see the carpet on my side... Korey's side... that's another story!
  • Korey and I will be becoming the Henry's instead of the Hollrah's in the upcoming months. Korey has his birth father's last name, but has never really met the guy. He's been raised by his great mother Melissa and her loving family - the Henry family (Melissa's maiden name). As Korey pondered the idea of making his life legacy, he realized he didn't want it in the name of a family he's never known, but in the name of the family that raised him (and has no boys left after him). He's had this thought for the past 5 years and decided after we were married and I changed my name to Hollrah... that he wanted to be a Henry. Complicated and confusing as it may seem... I support him in the desire to have a name with meaning and love behind it. I just want to always be his Mrs. what ever comes after that doesn't matter. But this is a heads up for that change!
  • We went from being a family of two...
...to a family of three on December 1, 2010! We've had Waldo for the past 7 months, and he truly has become part of the family and has grown to be a great pup!
  • On the Wedding Road Trip from Norman to Lake City, CO (take note of hair lengths) - June 2009


 
Me and Korey have both lost some hair over the year! I chopped off enough to donate to locks-of-love in October.. Korey was recently buzzed - June 12, 2010!

Well through all changes, through all growth and all learning - may the chief end be to glorify Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment