Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sweet Summer Time

This past week has been the start of homework and class everyday in the beautiful afternoons of summer in Norman, Oklahoma. It has also involved more jobs to make more money and of course pool-time when possible!

I am thankful for the seasons and the weather change. Just by the time I'm sick of it being cold, sick of wearing jeans and closed-toe shoes, it becomes warm enough to whip out some sandals or flip flops and put on a flowing elastic waist band skirt from Old Navy! I dislike humidity, however, fall will be here soon enough for the wind to blow leaves off the trees and the sky to seem faded and dark before the winter arrives with beautiful snow falling to the ground and no two snowflakes identical.

God has the power to make things happen just as we need it. He doesn't have to do that, he doesn't have to bring us comfort at all. He chooses to. He chooses to bless those who serve him. Just as much as he chooses to do that, I choose to love Korey every day. Sadly too often I will hear of divorces and hard breakups that happen because a partner had "fallen out of love". I feel so deeply for the lover on the other end that doesn't know what happened and never saw it coming. They loved unconditionally and whole heartedly... to get a door slammed in their face and their lives falling apart. You don't fall in or out of love. Love doesn't make you do anything. Love is a choice and not an emotion. It is something that God gave us and He allows us to express that love and feel that love, but ONLY if we choose to are we able to love someone. Every day I choose to love Korey. I choose to do things that I think will bring him happiness, and I choose to fold his underwear. I choose to cook him dinner, and choose to let him hog the bed. I choose to enjoy his sense of humor and I choose to serve him whole-heartedly. In every action, I must choose to love my husband, my best friend, and my soul mate. In no way have I fallen in love with him and in no way will I ever "fall out of love". I will always love my husband because I will always choose to love him as I have for the past 27 months.

Just as God chooses to change the weather and make the sun rise, my love for Korey will be as consistent as the sunrise and as much of a choice of mine as what I wear each day.
I charge you to choose to love the ones around you, especially your spouse. Make it a mental choice daily that you are going to love them. With God as your foundation and love as your choice - marriage will last as long as it's made to.

Chief end of summer and love... glofify Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment